NEW DELHI - Prominent Supreme Court lawyer and public interest activist Prashant Bhushan Tuesday said the verdict in the Godhra train carnage case coming nine years after the incident was a "travesty of justice".
NEW DELHI - Prominent Supreme Court lawyer and public interest activist Prashant Bhushan Tuesday said the verdict in the Godhra train carnage case coming nine years after the incident was a "travesty of justice" and added that it reflected poorly on India's judicial system that most of the 63 acquitted people were in jail for all these years.
BERLIN - A feud that has opposed WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and a former German assistant at the anti-secrecy website, Daniel Domscheit-Berg, escalated Thursday with a threat to sue and an allegation that the German committed sabotage.
LONDON - Julian Assange, founder of the whistleblower website 'Wikileaks' that had created controversy by its disclosure of thousands of US secret dilomatic cables, has threatened to sue The Guardian for libel over claims in a book published by the newspaper about its collaboration with him.
BANGALORE - Once hailed as a city of pensioners, this Karnataka capital has almost become a city of petitioners.
- Sarah Palin’s poll ratings drop to lowest since 2008 over Jewish ‘blood libel’ row
- High court rejects plea against Delhi minister
- Palin defends Jewish “blood libel” comment, accuses opponents of trying to ’shut her up’
- Law Minister Moily promises relook at law of defamation
- US Republicans disappointed at Palin’s ‘blood libel’ rant over attack on Giffords
- Arizona shooting: Palin ‘blood libel’comment upsets American Jews
- Russian opposition sues Putin for slander
- Milberg LLP Files Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit Against SMART Technologies Inc.
- Sanef shocked by Zuma’s $731K lawsuit over ‘rape’ cartoon
- Tata’s privacy plea to be heard in February, claims rebutted
- Gadkari slaps defamation suit against Tewari
- WikiLeaks founder may sue Oz PM Gillard for defamation
- Walmart Faces Largest Class-action Employment Lawsuit in U.S. history
- Actor Wesley Snipes Sentenced Three Years Imprisonment
- Jerry Hobbs’ to Sue Lake County Police for ‘a lot of money’
- Street View Lawsuit Costs Google $1
- US surgeon sues women following ‘Frankenstein’ boobs claim
- Irish mining boss who sleepwalked naked awarded 10m euros libel payout
- Badal withdraws defamation cases against Sonia, Amarinder
- Pak Law Minister’s ‘1 million rupees cheque’ too hot for SCBA President to handle!
- Court allows Badal’s plea to withdraw case against Amarinder
- Kalmadi gets court notice on suspended official’s plea
- Suspended Games committee official moves court
- Google found guilty of defamation
- Consider all aspects before issuing summons, court tells judges
- Clemens' lawyers ask NY judge to toss suit
- Malayalam writer slaps legal notice on Mohanlal
- Court: Calif. preacher can sue ABC for defamation
- Malaysian court rejects minister’s defamation application against Tamil newspaper
- Ole Miss coach Kennedy settles defamation suit
- Court asks police to book 16 Andhra ministers
- Ousted critic loses lawsuit against Ohio newspaper
- High court notice to Varun Gandhi in defamation case
- Guyana's president sues over racism charge
- Panamanian court frees jailed reporter