AHMEDABAD - Stringent security was in place Tuesday, with a special fast track court here set to deliver its verdict on the fire in a train in Godhra town in which 59 people were burnt to death, triggering the 2002 communal violence in Gujarat.
MUMBAI - Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan expressing his unhappiness over the acquittal of two Indian accused by the Bombay High Court in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks case, on Monday said his government will file an appeal against the judgment in the Supreme Court.
ALLAHABAD - Aarushi Talwar's parents, Dr. Rajesh Talwar and Dr. Nupur Talwar, moved the Allahabad High Court on Monday challenging a order issued by the special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court earlier this month, whereby they have been accused of killing their teenaged daughter.
NEW DELHI - "The health of the citizens is the wealth of the nation" and it cannot be allowed to be jeopardized, the Delhi High Court said Monday while slamming an anti-quota stir at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in 2006.
CHANDIGARH - The Competition Commission of India (CCI), constituted to promote consumer welfare through fair competition in markets, has received various complaints pertaining to the sudden rise in the prices of cement and onions during the past few months -- and its officials are looking into them.
- Prosecution hails death penalty for Kasab
- Pak court hears petitions on shifting Raymond Davis, diplomatic immunity
- BJP apprehensive on execution of Kasab’s sentence
- Kasab trial raised prestige of Indian judiciary: Chidambaram
- 26/11 attacks: Bombay High Court upholds death sentence for Kasab
- Bofors deal: court defers order on CBI plea
- Mirchpur protests: Apex court asks for steps to recover losses
- Britain to grant 20,000 visas to Indian workers annually
- Kasab recites Quran in jail ahead of verdict