NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court said Thursday provision of free and compulsory education to the disadvantaged sections of society was to afford them a right to live with dignity.
NEW DELHI - In order to check animal abuse in the country, the environment ministry has called for higher penalties for cruelty against animals in its proposed draft Animal Welfare Act, 2011.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Thursday reserved its verdict on the petitions by Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and his family members seeking a review of its 2007 verdict directing the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to probe their assets.
KANNUR - Congress MP K.Sudhakaran, who is facing heat following his remarks that he witnessed an apex court judge taking a bribe, Thursday said he was not attacking the judiciary but corrupt judges.
MUMBAI - The Bombay High Court Thursday sought the response of the union environment ministry on a petition by members of the scam-hit Adarsh Housing Society challenging the ministry's order to demolish the 31-storey building.
- Raja goes to Tihar Jail, looks calm (Second Lead)
- Kalmadi aide’s CBI custody extended
- Raja goes to Tihar Jail, to get homecooked food
- Court rules lesbian couple has equal right on child
- Haven’t got a paisa, say ‘pensioners’ in Uttar Pradesh
- No sale of tobacco products in plastic pouches from March: Supreme Court
- Kalmadi aide’s CBI remand extended
- Raja sent to 14 days judicial custody
- Bihar lawyers strike against evening courts enters third day
- Nepal cracks down on Tibet war veterans welfare group
- Davis case adjourned till March 14 after Pak FM seeks more time to reply on his status
- People taking lessons in law for better justice in China
- Davis case: Foreign ministry seeks more time from court
- Deadline for ban on gutkha in plastic sachet stays