CHANDIGARH - A septuagenarian former Indian Air Force (IAF) official declared dead by a local Punjab court in 1996 on the basis of evidence submitted by his family members, has now decided to file a case against his wife and sons.
NEW DELHI - Former Andhra Pradesh Governor and veteran Congress leader N D Tiwari has moved the Supreme Court challenging the Delhi High Court's order to undergo a DNA test on a paternity suit filed by lawyer Rohit Shekhar, who is claiming to be his biological son.
NEW DELHI - A former employee of India's spy agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), who created a stir in the Delhi High Court last month when she partially stripped twice before the judge, has been diagnosed as suffering from a form of paranoia, the court was told Monday.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court on Monday directed the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to file a report on the level of pollution in the river Yamuna within two weeks after examining the sample of its water.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court on Monday issued notices to Union Carbide Corporation, Dow Chemicals and others on a plea filed by the Centre seeking enhancement of compensation to the victims of the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy from Rs. 750 crore to 7,700 crore.
- ‘More funds needed for women, child development’
- US envoy, EU delegation to China condemn attacks on journalists
- New Maharashtra, Mumbai police chiefs announced
- Balakrishnan asked to quit over kin’s wrongdoing
- More Asians in Britain oppose new arrivals
- 68 more Indians return from Libya, 600 to arrive Monday night
- Alahabad high court to resume hearing of Talwars’ plea