NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Thursday said that with the march of technology, privacy is "virtually disappearing".
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Thursday said it would hear a petition of the central government seeking enhancement of compensation for the victims of the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy to the tune of Rs.7,500 crore.
ROHTAK - A leader of Haryana's opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) who was staging a sit-in for the past one month to protest against the state government's land acquisition policy was gunned down by four men here Thursday, police said. One of the assailants was chased and shot dead by the police, while the rest have been arrested.
SHIMLA - Acting for the second time on the plea of a 10-year-old girl, the Himachal Pradesh High Court Thursday issued notice to the government over the lack of recreational places in this state capital.
NEW DELHI - A Delhi court Thursday deferred its order on bail pleas of R.K. Chandolia and Shahid Usman Balwa, the two accused in the 2G spectrum allocation scam along with former telecom minister A. Raja.
- Telecom policy sound, scam if any will be dealt with: PM (Roundup)
- China to award death penalty for organ trafficking
- WikiLeaks founder to be extradited to Sweden
- FBI sued over targeting Muslims for their religious beliefs
- Ben Ali’s brutal suppression of Tunisians led to uprising: UN
- Child protection a neglected area in union budget: NGO
- India’s ex-judge, Grameen supporters rally behind Yunus
- Davis case may end up at the International Court of Justice