Dec 23, Mumbai (IANS) Activists and the public gathered outside Mumbais busy Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Friday to protest a Chhattisgarh court's verdict sentencing rights campaigner Binayak Sen to life imprisonment for sedition and links with Maoists.
RAIPUR - It was a huge gathering of right activists and mediapersons outside at the district and sessions court Friday here as judge B.P. Varma prepared to rule in a case involving rights activist Binayak Sen.
PANCHKULA - Hindu religious leader Swami Aseemanand was Friday sent to police custody till Jan 3 by the National Investigation Agency's (NIA) special court here in connection with the 2007 Samjhauta train blasts in Haryana that killed 68 people.
KATHMANDU - Reacting in stunned disbelief to the news that Indian rights activist Binayak Sen had been slapped with life imprisonment by an Indian court Friday for "sedition" and "conspiracy", a Maoist lawmaker with long links with India said it was a "fraudulent case".
NEW DELHI - The following is the timeline of the prosecution of Binayak Sen, a doctor and human rights activist convicted for sedition and conspiracy by a Chhattisgarh court and awarded a life term Friday.
- Nepal’s new ‘crown prince’ gets a Christmas reprieve
- Russian opposition sues Putin for slander
- Bihar’s landless march for land reforms
- Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. Announces Investigation of Todd Shipyards Corporation Buyout
- Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Files Class Action Lawsuit Against J.Crew Group, Inc.
- Weiss & Lurie Announces Investigation of Martek Biosciences Corporation
- Robbins Umeda LLP Investigates Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc.
- Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. Announces Investigations Of Whitney Holding Corporation Buyout