JAMMU - G.R.Sofi, a serving income tax officer, was Thursday appointed the Chief Information Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir.
JAMMU - Jammu and Kashmir was the first to enact the Right to Information (RTI) Act in 2004.
JAMMU - Security was tightened in Jammu and Kashmir ahead of the Allahabad High Court verdict on the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute in Ayodhya.
JAMMU - Angry Sikhs from various parts of the Jammu region Friday held a rally here Friday, protesting against a youth's hair being cut off by a group of youngsters in south Kashmir's Pulwama district and sought more security for the community in the state.
JAMMU - In a state where the Islamist insurgency shows no signs of ending, Congress president Sonia Gandhi will have a more pressing task on hand when she visits Jammu and Kashmir Saturday: ending the intensifying feuds within her party.
- Jammu and Kashmir employees call off strike
- Jammu lawyers protest controversial citizenship rights bill
- Human rights body to visit Jammu and Kashmir jails
- Paharis and Gujjars fight over rights
- Kashmiris should decide on state’s special status: Panel
- Shopian rape and murder case: Victims family refuses to accept CBI’s report
- CBI’s Shopian report not gospel truth: High Court
- Shopian case: CBI to submit report today
- Nomadic Gujjars seek rights over forests in Kashmir
- Separate visa derails another Kashmiri going to China
- Separate visa: Another Kashmiri scholar stopped from visiting China
- Jammu and Kashmir to introduce water conservation law
- Terrorist sentenced to death in Jammu and Kashmir
- Kashmiri Hindus hear out plans on returning to valley