NEW YORK - The UN has called for a clean energy revolution that would provide electricity to the world population, including the 1.6 billion people who currently have no access to it.
NEW DELHI - Strongly defending Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) P.J. Thomas' appointment, the government Monday told the Supreme Court that Thomas was an outstanding civil servant of impeccable integrity and fully eligible to be the CVC as per the CVC Act".
TEHRAN - The Iranian judiciary Monday said there have been no changes in the case of Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani and denied that her death sentence was suspended, official news agency IRNA reported.
NEW DELHI - The capital's civic agencies got a pat on the back from the apex court Monday for putting up night shelters promptly during the intense winter.
NEW DELHI - The investigative wing of the police force is a part of the criminal justice delivery system and it was not answerable to a minister or the political bosses, the Supreme Court was told Monday.
- Delhi ombudsman moves high court
- NHRC team in Orissa for quick disposal of cases
- Disgraced diplomat may face tough time: Lawyers
- Banda rape case: Supreme Court to hear plea for judicial probe on Friday
- Gujarat ITI staff entitled to bonus, rules high court
- Legacy of Martin Luther King Jr lives on in India: Expats
- Iranian woman’s death sentence suspended, lawmaker says
- 26/11 case: Bombay High Court reserves judgement on Kasab’s appeal
- MoEF to submit Lavasa report in Bombay High Court