NEW DELHI - The Delhi High Court Wednesday refused to entertain a petition seeking amendment to the law dealing with nomination of two members to the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), saying it cannot take up the work of the legislature.
BHUBANESWAR/NEW DELHI - The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Wednesday expressed concern over the increasing cases of starvation deaths and farmers' suicides in Orissa and gave a list of recommendations to the state government for the overall improvement in the human rights situation.
NEW DELHI - After taking up all the pending cases in a two-day sitting in Orissa Jan 18-19, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has given a list of recommendations to the state government for the overall improvement in the human rights situation.
NEW DELHI - Having suffered pain and injustice for decades, women of the northeastern region of the country are coming together to act as interlocutors between various groups and thus play a key role in the peace process, experts said at a conference here Wednesday.
CHANDIGARH - Congress president and United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi was Wednesday issued notice by a local court on a petition filed by a city-based NGO over the issue of price rise.
- Swiss whistleblower banker on trial
- Karnataka Govt. opposes plea for prosecution of Yeddyurappa
- Sarah Palin’s poll ratings drop to lowest since 2008 over Jewish ‘blood libel’ row
- Supreme Court criticizes Govt. on black money issue
- Jayachandran gets bail in CWG scam case
- Delhi shelter homes uninhabitable; over 1,800 children flee: RTI data
- UN envoy arrives in Sri Lanka to assess humanitarian needs
- Lalgarh killings: Calcutta High Court refuses to order CBI probe
- Malaysian minister orders probe in Sikh trainee’s hair cut