Washington, Feb 9 (IANS/EFE) A videogame that will be in the stores this March, and which invites users to drive a pickup truck full of undocumented immigrants without losing any while trying to get them across the border, has sparked a heated controversy.
Malaga (Spain), Feb 9 (IANS/EFE) Authorities Tuesday proposed imposing a fine of 145,000 euros ($197,200) on a restaurant for refusing to comply with the law that bans smoking in non-open-air public establishments in Spain.
MUMBAI - Social activist Medha Patkar and several others were detained Tuesday evening for forcefully entering the premises of the scam-hit Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society in south Mumbai, police said. They were later released.
NEW DELHI - The Delhi High Court Tuesday stayed the proceedings against Sahara India group chairman Subrata Roy and four others in a court here on a complaint that they had duped investors in a proposed housing project.
BERLIN - Germany should put Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on trial for human rights breaches if he seeks refuge in a German hospital, Amnesty International said in Berlin Tuesday.
- Court dismisses plea on irregularities in electoral rolls
- Apex court laments inaction against child marriages
- CBI gets two more days for questioning Raja
- Gujarat’s no-objection clause for industries near sanctuaries questioned
- Panel on soft drinks will be re-constituted, apex court told (Second Lead)
- Sack Vilasrao Deshmukh, say agitating Vidarbha farmers
- British ministers ‘acted like lawyers for Libyans’ to secure Lockerbie bomber’s early release
- Delhi High Court asks Tiwari to give DNA samples to ascertain paternity
- Panel on soft drinks will be re-constituted, apex court told
- Court fixes Feb 19 to decide on Tiwari’s DNA test
- Panel on food ingredients norms not per law, says court
- Bangladesh court orders exhumation of ‘whipped to death’ girl’s body for new autopsy
- Assange may be executed in US under Espionage Act if extradited to Sweden: Lawyers