MUMBAI - About 150 people marked the Martyrs Day Sunday by staging a protest in Mumbai as part of a nationwide agitation against the life imprisonment awarded to rights activist Binayak Sen.
RAIPUR - Dozens of members of the People's Union of Civil Liberties (PUCL) and activists of Left parties marched here Sunday to support rights activist Binayak Sen, convicted on sedition charges last month by a court here.
NEW DELHI - For the central government battling legal cases on senstive issues, it is a crucial week ahead at the Supreme Court. At least four major legal tangles, riveting the nation's attention, are slated at the apex court.
MUMBAI - Thousands gathered at the Azad Maidan in south Mumbai Sunday to protest corruption while marking the 63rd death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
NEW DELHI - Thousands of people marched in the national capital Sunday, raising their voice against corruption. The rallyists rejected the union government's Lokpal bill and demanded it replace it with people's version of the draft legislation to curb graft.
- Agreement to stop recruiting children into Afghan police
- Hard times ahead for ’sham’ US varsity students
- Defence tribunal raps government, seeks civil contempt powers
- Public anger against graft expressed in marches across India (Roundup)
- Thousands march against corruption in Delhi
- Bangaloreans rally against corruption
- TDP marches against corruption
- Hundreds join anti-corruption march in Agra
- Thousands march against corruption in Pune, Aurangabad