NEW DELHI - Two ex-service men, who were operating their buses under the State Transport Authority (STA) of Delhi government, Friday approached the Delhi High Court seeking direction to renew their permits to run buses on the capital's roads.
KOLKATA - The West Bengal state administration Friday filed three affidavits before the Calcutta High Court stating the progress in the probe into the Jan 7 Netai village carnage and on the presence of armed camps in and around Lalgarh area.
NEW DELHI - Observing that the "rampant" practice among the police to use third degree methods to extract confessions was well known, the apex court has said that courts should be cautious in accepting the confession made by an accused to the police when it is the sole ground for prosecution.
GANDHINAGAR - The Gujarat High Court Friday recalled its order of imposing Rs.20,000 costs on a petitioner for filing a frivolous public interest litigation after his lawyer said costs should be recovered from him instead.
PATNA - Junior doctors of Bihar's six hospitals ended their indefinite strike Friday after the legislator involved in an attack on medicos surrendered in the court and was sent to judicial custody for 14 days.
- Zia blamed for rebel’s hanging
- Lowering age of sex to decriminalise innocent behaviour
- Explain how Assemanad statement was leaked, CBI asked
- Hearing of plea against Yeddyurappa to resume Feb 14
- Commonwealth law meet to discuss impact of globalisation on rights
- Lahore HC moved for acquiring complete details of foreign nationals in Pakistan
- Prosecutor in Taseer murder case quits
- Company fined $100,000 for improper home insulation
- Younger immigrants embrace new cultures faster