ISLAMABAD - Supreme court advocate and human rights activist Asma Jehangir Wednesday became the first woman to be elected president of Pakistan's Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA), a media report said.
NEW DELHI - The Indian constitution is flexible and vulnerable to Supreme Court action, union Law Minister M. Veerappa Moily said, adding that India and the US can learn from each other's experiences.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Wednesday asked the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) not to treat the West Bengal government as an accused in the 2007 police firing in Nandigram even as the state government opposed the federal probe into the incident.
NEW DELHI - About 3,000 Bodo people will take out a rally in the capital Thursday demanding a separate state to be carved out of Assam, an activist said.
ISLAMABAD - With the crucial Supreme Court Bar Association polls taking place today, old cronies of former president Pervez Musharraf are pinning strong hopes on candidate Asma Jahangir to bundle out the loyalists of Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry by winning the election.
- Apex court adjourns Lalit Modi case till Nov 11
- Gujarat High Court seeks details of EVM, e-voters
- Over 60 or transgender? Get free legal aid in Haryana
- Jharkhand lawyers boycott courts
- Shutdown in Guntur for high court bench
- Compensate Nandigram firing victims: Supreme Court
- Glaxo settles tainted drugs suit for $750 mn
- No patch up between Modi and BCCI, apex court told