NEW DELHI - The Delhi High Court has held that giving dowry under the fear that a proposed marriage may be called off is not an offence.
MUMBAI - The Maharashtra government suffered a setback Thursday when the Bombay High Court refused to lift a ban on sand mining in the state - a day after the ruling Democratic Front proposed a draft policy on the issue.
NEW DELHI - The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Thursday held the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) responsible for the killing of eight civilians in a live bomb explosion in 2002 in Orissa.
NEW DELHI - Twentytwo-year-old Mehjabi who lost her legs in a freak accident at a Metro station in March moved the Delhi High Court Thursday seeking a compensation of Rs.50 lakh from Delhi Metro and a government job.
BANGALORE - The Karnataka High Court on Thursday reserved its order on petitions filed by 11 rebel Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state assembly lawmakers challenging their disqualification by the Speaker of the House, K G Bopaiah after their withdrawal of support to the B S Yeddyurappa state government.
- Court reserves verdict on Karnataka rebel legislators
- 26/11 case: Kasab appears via video-conferencing in Bombay High Court
- Live-in relationship no guarantee to alimony
- Tribal refugees protest in Tripura
- Review amendment on judges’ appointment, says Pakistani apex court
- No alimony when live-in relationships break, says Supreme Court
- L&T gets notice in NHAI land acquisition case
- Apex court rejects woman’s alimony claim
- Work out a compromise, apex court tells BCCI and Modi