PANAJI - Hundreds of lawyers and civil society activists took to the streets here Monday, demanding the withdrawal of suspension of two Goa judges.
PANAJI - Goa lawyers continued their agitation against the suspension of a district judge for the second day, with more lawyers joining the strike Friday.
PANAJI - Lawyers in South Goa district headquarters of Margao, some 35 km from here, staged a demonstration and boycotted court proceedings Thursday to protest a district judge's suspension Wednesday by the Bombay High court.
PANAJI - Irked by complaints about corruption at the immigration counters at Goa's seaport and the only military-operated airport, a top level delegation of the ministry of home affairs (MHA) will visit Goa this week to discuss the modalities for taking over the immigration chores from the state police.
PANAJI - A failure of Indias justice delivery system will only end up feeding Maoism and militancy in the country, union Law Minister Veerappa Moily said Monday.
- Proposed Goa police law has many defects, says Church
- Criminal complainant against Kamat over Goa land policy
- Goa asked to pay Rs.50,000 compensation to beggar
- ‘Able’ person gets disability award in Goa, complaint filed
- Goa governor gets X-mas gift - copy of RTI Act
- Women in Goa fire services department soon
- Goa court issues notice to governor’s aide
- Sale of liquor near film festival venue opposed
- Goa farmers oppose gas pipeline, central government told
- Goa freedom fighters protest celebration of Portuguese arrival
- Russian firm appeals against confiscation of Goa properties
- Goa’s offshore casino operators withdraw petition
- Defence lawyer points finger at Congress ‘aligned’ newspaper
- Court asks Goa to remove beached vessel by next monsoon
- Goa Church under cloud for selling island to resort company
- Indian missions asked to give long-term visas to PIOs
- Debate over whether Goa church should be brought under RTI
- 30 percent of pending cases are government’s: Moily
- No consensus on creating all-India judicial service: Moily
- Aberrations in judiciary reflection of society: Moily
- Arrest warrant against Coca Cola official stayed
- Police free to arrest Pacheco: Court
- Jail authorities pulled up for not producing Pacheco in court
- Activists pleased at proposed mines policy
- Judge recuses himself from former Goa minister’s bail plea
- Nadia death case: Pacheco to move Goa High Court for bail
- Pacheco aide alleges witch-hunt on to shield politician’s son
- Court issues notice to CBI on Goa scam
- Delay in taking cop’s statement in Scarlet case questioned
- Bail for British woman’s rapist
- Deport illegal Bangladeshi migrants: RSS chief
- Goa ’serial killer’ acquitted in one murder case
- People’s audit of SEZ to include corporate, state members
- Court cancels bail of accused in Russian’s rape
- ‘Discrimination continues even in Goa’s reserved constituency’