NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Monday asked telecom major Vodafone to deposit, within three weeks, Rs.2,500 crore as a component of its tax liability on its transaction with Hutchinson International Ltd.
NEW DELHI/CHENNAI - The Congress is reported to have sent a back channel missive to the ruling Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) leadership in Tamil Nadu that it should remove Communication and Information Technology Minister A.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court has said that the principle of "equal pay for equal work" would not come into play unless it was established that the work was being performed under the orders of the competent authority.
NEW DELHI - Telecom service provider Vodafone Friday said it has filed a petition in the Bombay High Court against the Indian tax department's move to classify it as an agent of the seller in the 2007 sale of Hutchinson Essar.
BOSTON - Johnson & Johnson on Thursday asked a federal judge to dismiss a complaint accusing the health care giant of paying millions in kickbacks so nursing homes would put more patients on its popular schizophrenia medication and other drugs.
- Government favours foreign equity in limited partnerships
- Vodafone plea in $2.6-bn Indian tax case dismissed
- Apex court rejects Vodafone plea in $2.6 bn tax case
- Toyota settles suit over high-profile Calif. crash
- US hopes India’s liability law conforms to international practice
- Lawsuit over filming of Beyonce video settled
- Lawsuit over Beyonce music video filming dismissed
- US looks to India for changes in liability law
- NYC judge orders filmmaker deposed in Chevron case
- Companies Bill to factor in apex court verdict on Bhopal tragedy
- Nuclear bill moved in Rajya Sabha, BJP reiterates support
- Nuclear civil liability bill moved in Rajya Sabha
- Settlement in suit alleging condom found in soup
- Opposition’s concerns on n-liability bill addressed: Chavan
- Greenpeace activists held for protesting n-bill
- State-run firm fined Rs.50,000 for frivolous plea
- When a don wanted to be gentleman (A Legal Reporter’s Diary)
- Maharashtra to showcase rural scheme in UN
- American Airlines to pay $5m in freight case
- Delhi doctor fined Rs.3 lakh for refusing to help dying man
- Rights panel orders compensation for delayed pension
- Bhopal, nuke liability bill are separate issues:Anand Sharma
- CII rallies behind Keshub Mahindra on Bhopal gas verdict
- Bhopal Tragedy: GoM likely to seek Anderson’s extradition
- Nothing wrong in representing Dow Chemicals: Singhvi
- Ex-ESPN worker who had affair with Phillips sues
- Former Chief Justice Ahmadi rejects criticism of Bhopal gas tragedy verdict
- Citing Bhopal verdict, parties call for rethink on n-bill
- US rules out new probe in Bhopal gas leak tragedy
- Petco and 5 counties settle consumer lawsuit
- US not frustrated over delay in nuclear liability law
- Obama for more liability on oil company for spills
- Prince ordered to pay Irish concert promoter
- Prince ordered to pay Irish promoter $3 million
- Prince ordered to pay Irish concert promoter euro2.2m