SHIMLA - Thousands in Himachal Pradesh have knocked on Congress president Sonia Gandhi's door, demanding the scrapping of a dam that threatens to displace them, submerge their fertile agricultural land and, with it, their livelihood.
GANDHINAGAR - The Gujarat High Court Wednesday issued a notice to the state government after a senior bureaucrat asked the court to set aside a state government order asking officials to furnish details of their assets.
PANAJI - The Goa government has written to the union petroleum and natural gas ministry informing it about farmers' opposition to a gas pipeline project in the state.
NEW DELHI - Congress on Wednesday said the government will give an appropriate response to the Supreme Court's observation over the delay in Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh's response to a plea seeking prosecution of former Telecom Minister A Raja in the 2G spectrum allocation issue.
NEW DELHI - The Congress Wednesday said the government will Thursday respond to the Supreme Court's observation about the silence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on a plea seeking sanction to initiate proceedings against then telecom minister A. Raja over the 2G spectrum allocation.
- 2G scam: PM should respond to Supreme Court’s observation, says Advani
- PETA condemns Kim Kardashian
- Spectrum scam: PMO declines comment on Supreme Court remarks
- Documentary salutes Kerala woman’s heroic work
- Ruchika case: Punjab and Haryana High Court seeks details of Rathore’s promotion
- Iranian govt. continuing its crackdown on lawyers who defend opposition voices
- Suu Kyi’s party seeks legal status
- Government asked to explain delay in taking decision on 2G spectrum allocation scam
- Abandoned Gurkha veterans get first home in Nepal