GANDHINAGAR - Activist Teesta Setalvad, general secretary of Citizens for Justice and Peace (CJP), has denied allegations made by a former associate that she fabricated affidavits of the 2002 Gujarat communal riot victims.
NEW DELHI - As many as 138 illegal structures on government land were demolished by the revenue department Thursday in north Delhi, an official said.
NEW DELHI - As the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Thursday offered to file in the Supreme Court a status report on its probe into the scandal involving allocation of spectrum to mobile companies, the court said the basic question was the "huge loss to the public exchequer and consequent pecuniary gains to private operators".
NEW DELHI - The Central Information Commission (CIC) has launched a special drive to dispose right to information (RTI) cases which are more than three months old, the Rajya Sabha was informed Thursday.
GANDHINAGAR - The Gujarat High Court Thursday imposed costs of Rs.1 lakh on an organization for a frivolous plea seeking amendment to the existing laws and demanding a new legislation to protect men from atrocities by their wives.
- Interim relief to RIL vacated
- Why wasn’t Raja quizzed, Supreme Court asks CBI
- Kamala Harris to be California attorney general
- No law to govern spy agencies in Pakistan: official
- Pak’s Blasphemy Law not applicable to non-Muslims, women: Supreme Court lawyer
- Supreme Court questions CBI over 2G spectrum scam
- Guns N’ Roses files $20m lawsuit against ‘Guitar Hero’ makers
- Zardari’s dual office case verdict will have far-reaching effects: LHC
- Apex court pulls up CBI for not questioning Raja