MOSCOW - Russia's opposition leaders have said that they were filing defamation suits against Prime Minister Vladimir Putin for accusing them of extravagantly spending Russia's resources.
JOHANNESBURG - The SA National Editors' Forum (Sanef) has expressed shock over President Jacob Zuma's decision to sue Avusa Media for 731,000 dollars for publishing a cartoon of him preparing to rape Lady Justice.
NEW DELHI - Slating for early February 2011 the hearing on Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata's plea for a ban on publication of the Radia tapes' transcripts, the Supreme Court Monday asked the central government to submit to it the complaints against corporate lobbyist Nira Radia.
MUMBAI - Hitting back at allegations that he owned a 'benami' (held by proxy) flat in the controversial Adarsh Housing Society here, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari Thursday filed a defamation suit against Congress spokesman Manish Tewari.
MELBOURNE - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is reported to be considering the option of suing Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard for defamation.
- US surgeon sues women following ‘Frankenstein’ boobs claim
- Badal withdraws defamation cases against Sonia, Amarinder
- Pak Law Minister’s ‘1 million rupees cheque’ too hot for SCBA President to handle!
- Court allows Badal’s plea to withdraw case against Amarinder
- Kalmadi gets court notice on suspended official’s plea
- Suspended Games committee official moves court
- Consider all aspects before issuing summons, court tells judges
- Clemens' lawyers ask NY judge to toss suit
- Malayalam writer slaps legal notice on Mohanlal
- Court: Calif. preacher can sue ABC for defamation
- Ole Miss coach Kennedy settles defamation suit
- Court asks police to book 16 Andhra ministers
- Ousted critic loses lawsuit against Ohio newspaper
- High court notice to Varun Gandhi in defamation case
- Maharashtra plan to enact anti-defamation law opposed
- MIC man plans to sue committee member for defamation
- NY court tosses suit over 'Couple's Retreat' photo
- Haneef sues former Australian minister
- Defamation suit filed against Varun Gandhi
- NJ court: Accurate lawsuit reporting not libelous
- Ex-world junior cycling champ wins defamation case
- Germany re-opens massacre probe against ex-SS officer
- Defamation case: Bihar court takes cognizance of Asaram Bapu’s role
- Victim's stepdad told to pay singer's legal costs
- Marriage with Ayesha Shoaib’s ’stupidity’: Brother-in-law (Second Lead)
- Perjury plea against Medha Patkar dismissed
- Journalist: Ecuador's Correa targeting critics
- UK lawmakers delay reform of tough libel laws
- Oprah Winfrey settles headmistress' Pa. lawsuit
- APNewsBreak: Winfrey settles Pa. defamation suit
- Brave new words? Britain ponders libel law changes
- Winfrey due in Philly for 2-week defamation trial
- Judge: Winfrey must defend ex-headmistress's suit
- Judge: Oprah must defend ex-headmistress's suit
- ABC, Lifetime among winners of GLAAD Media Awards