NAGPUR - More than 2,000 farmers and farm widows Tuesday participated in a day-long hunger-strike in Vidarbha to demand the sacking of union Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, an activist said.
NAGPUR - President Pratibha Devisingh Patil on Sunday said that justice is often inaccessible to poorer section of the society due to high fees of courts and lawyers.
NAGPUR - Treat suicides of Vidarbha cotton farmers as murder cases, farmers and farm widows demanded Wednesday as they took out a 5,000-strong rally in Pandharkawada town of Yavatmal district of eastern Maharashtra to protest their exclusion from the recent Rs.1,600-crore aid packages.
NAGPUR - Upset with the harassment of a farmer who had paid double the loan amount as interest payment, the Nagpur division of the Bombay High Court issued notices to top officials of the Maharashtra cooperative society and land development bank against forcible debt recovery from Vidarbha farmers.
NAGPUR - Even as Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan decided to accord top priority to Vidarbha, which has one of the highest incidence of farmers suicides in the country, authorities have seized tractors and cut off power supplies of debt-ridden farmers, that too on the eve of harvesting season, a farmers' group said Saturday.
- Food security bill to be brought soon: Sonia Gandhi
- Death sentences commuted for six in Khairlanji massacre (Roundup)
- Maharashtra farmers seek probe into relief disbursal
- Court opens new route for ’second wife’ to claim alimony
- Poor farmer scores legal victory over president’s kin
- Farmer scores victory over president’s family members
- NRI group bats for farmer’s widow in Maharashtra polls