KATHMANDU - The Nepal police has cracked down on an organisation looking after Tibetan resistance fighters, who fought a long guerrilla war against the Chinese invasion and annexation of their country in the 1950s and 1960s, without any provocation, a rights group said.
KATHMANDU - Tibetan refugees in Nepal, who feel increasingly vulnerable due to the growing Chinese influence on the republic's government, have been heartened by the visit of a top American envoy to Nepal.
KATHMANDU - As Nepal underwent the first periodic review of its human rights situation at the UN in Geneva, rights groups have said that security forces continue to practise "systematic torture" even four years after the end of a decade of communist insurrection that saw torture and extrajudicial killings.
KATHMANDU - India will celebrate its Republic Day here in a unique way this year, toasting maestros with Nepali roots who became legends in India such as artist Laxman Shrestha, Bollywood diva Manisha Koirala and singer Udit Narayan.
KATHMANDU - Staking claim to the new government, the Maoists, the largest party in Nepal's parliament, have indicated they favour regulating the open border between India and Nepal and visa for Indians in Nepal as part of their demand to scrap a six-decade-old bilateral pact.
- Nepal’s red health workers ask India to free Binayak Sen
- Court focuses on man who had brawl with Nepal’ ex-crown prince
- After raid, Dabur Nepal dragged to court
- Case against Sen fraudulent, says Maoist MP from Nepal
- Nepal’s new ‘crown prince’ gets a Christmas reprieve
- Nepal ex-crown prince’s gun brawl case gets a sequel
- China paying Nepal to nab Tibetan refugees: WikiLeaks
- New Nepal constitution may guarantee right to strike
- Supreme Court orders end to Nepal PM poll fiasco
- Indian firm seeks $48,000 from Nepal for aborted passport deal
- Indian firm seeks $48,000 for aborted Nepal passport deal
- Abandoned Gurkha veterans get first home in Nepal
- Nepal’s ex-king says it all in a few words
- China pressures Nepal to disrupt Tibetan polls
- Nepal lawyers move court ahead of ninth PM vote
- Sobhraj mother-in-law case triggers debate
- Tibet’s ‘Sound of Music’ nun scripts a sequel
- Blind Chinese rights defender’s ordeal continues
- Sobhraj to seek review of murder conviction
- US bans child adoption from Nepal
- Sobhraj fiance, lawyer apologise to Nepal Supreme Court
- Sobhraj fiance accepts contempt of court summons
- Nepal SC sentences ‘bikini killer’Sobhraj to life
- Nepal court to decide fate of Charles Sobhraj today
- Air India loses labour battle in Nepal
- Detained Tibetan’s wife details grim torture
- South Asia’s girl child still faces bias even before birth
- Tibetan refugees dying ‘by a thousand cuts’ in Nepal
- Nepal Maoists to launch anti-dam stir
- After GMR, Maoists oppose mega India-Nepal power project
- Government honour roll sparks outrage in Nepal
- ‘Nepalis living in terror in Meghalaya’
- Boycott politicians past their shelf life: Nepal’s gay MP
- Nepal’s children still in line of fire: UN
- Lawyer who challenged Nepal Army brutally assaulted