AGARTALA - Tripura Friday became the first Indian state to introduce online filing of Right to Information (RTI) complaints.
AGARTALA - A rights group from northeast India Wednesday urged the central and Chhattisgarh governments to withdraw the sedition cases against jailed human rights activist Binayak Sen at once to ensure his immediate release.
AGARTALA/IMPHAL - Rights groups in northeast India Friday urged the governments in the region to constitute Human Rights Commissions in each state and repeal the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA).
AIZAWL/AGARTALA - The Mizoram government Tuesday said militants are obstructing the repatriation process of over 41,000 Reang tribal refugees, sheltered in six camps of north Tripura for the past 13 years.
AGARTALA - The Mizoram government is going ahead with its programme to relocate Reang tribals, who fled to neighbouring Tripura after ethnic clashes 13 years ago, an official said Saturday, but the tribals continued to resist the move.
- Mizoram tribals protest repatriation
- Plan to settle all pending cases within three years: Moily
- Repatriation of tribal refugees to Mizoram begins
- Tribal refugees protest in Tripura
- Protests planned in Delhi to demand new states
- ‘Holiday court’ to help clear backlog of cases in Tripura
- ‘80,000 rights violation cases recorded every year’
- Two policemen shifted for Tripura lawyer’s ‘illegal detention’
- Tripura lawyers threaten stir
- Tripura transparency panel violating law: RTI activist
- India setting up integrated checkposts along border
- Refugees’ return from Tripura to Mizoram is non-starter
- Mizoram to take back 2,000 refugees from Tripura
- No force to ensure strike: court tells Tripura government
- Court bans 15-year-old commercial vehicles in Tripura
- Tripura gets tough with cyber crime
- Tripura announces economic aid for girl child
- Rights group asks UN to intervene in attacks on Bangladeshi tribals
- Mizoram to begin fresh initiative to take back refugees
- Fate of Mizoram tribal refugees uncertain
- D Y Patil takes oath as 12th Tripura governor
- Mizoram rejects autonomous council demand for Reang tribals
- Controversial anti-terror law to be amended, PM tells tribal leaders
- Controversial anti-terror law to remain in Tripura
- Apex court’s nod to students’ admission in Tripura medical college
- Land rights in forests: Tripura wants norms relaxed
- Bangladesh releases six Indians after 78 days