OSLO - An empty chair served as a stark reminder of the absence of Nobel Peace Prize laureate, jailed Chinese political activist Liu Xiaobo, at Friday's ceremony at Oslo City Hall.
OSLO - The Nobel Peace Prize committee Friday began its award ceremony for Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo in the face of continuing anger from the Chinese government, a media report said.
WARSAW/OSLO - The Nobel committee Monday was cool to an offer by former Solidarity leader Lech Walesa to pick up the Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of Liu Xiaobo, since the Chinese dissident and his family will be unable to attend the December award ceremony in Oslo.
OSLO - Chances are slim that the Nobel Peace Prize would be presented at the December ceremony as neither its winner nor a member of his family would be able to attend, the head of the Norwegian Nobel Committee said Thursday.
OSLO - Norway's Nobel committee Saturday invited Aung San Suu Kyi to Oslo to make a belated acceptance speech for the peace prize she won 19 years ago but did not pick up.
- Nobel laureate denied visits; doubts who can collect award
- China cancels more visits after Nobel award
- Chinese dissident wins Nobel Peace Prize
- China won’t be pleased if peace prize goes to dissident: Nobel official
- Norwegians with Congo death sentence seek clemency
- AP Newsbreak: Nobel jury defends Obama decision
- Telenor, Alfa end legal battle, plan asset merger