NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Friday asked the National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) to carry out a more detailed inspection of the pollution allegedly being caused by a Tuticorin-based copper smelting plant.
NEW DELHI - The Delhi High Court Wednesday sought a reply from the central government on a public interest litigation by a law student who said that the National Zoological Park (Delhi zoo) had become a "death trap" for animals and should be shifted to the city's outskirts.
BHOPAL - Syed M. Irfan (62), a frontline activist for justice in the case against Union Carbide and himself a survivor of the Bhopal gas disaster, died Friday afternoon at his home after long illness.
NEW DELHI - In order to check animal abuse in the country, the environment ministry has called for higher penalties for cruelty against animals in its proposed draft Animal Welfare Act, 2011.
MUMBAI - The Bombay High Court Thursday sought the response of the union environment ministry on a petition by members of the scam-hit Adarsh Housing Society challenging the ministry's order to demolish the 31-storey building.
- Court serves notice to power grid on Kutch creek towers
- Gujarat imposes curbs on mining close to sanctuaries
- Gujarat’s no-objection clause for industries near sanctuaries questioned
- Chhattisgarh villagers tell Vedanta to give up project
- Anti-displacement group protests nod to POSCO
- Agra ponds lost to land sharks, Officials get court notice
- Court orders Hiranandanis to appear before it next month
- Court questions Gujarat on pollution
- In Britain, you can be fined 1000 pounds for putting up posters
- Pamela Anderson named PETA’s person of the year
- NHRC slams government for opposing ban on endosulfan
- Jaitapur n-plant site issue being politicised, says Ramesh
- Gujarat court summons official over illegal mining
- NHRC to raise issue of harmful effect of pesticide in Kerala (Lead, Changing dateline)
- NHRC chief visits Kerala’s pesticide affected areas
- Stop monkey killing in Himachal, urges animal rights group
- Himachal court cancels green nod for cement unit
- Big B, John in Madhya Pradesh to save tigers
- Tourists banned in core areas of Madhya Pradesh tiger reserves
- Himachal farmers load guns for ‘Operation Monkey’
- Himachal villagers protest in Delhi against dam
- Facing displacement, dam-hit knock on Sonia’s door
- Vedanta varsity land acquisition quashed, opposition guns for Patnaik
- Pro-industry tribal groups move court for Vedanta project
- Orissa to wait for apex court verdict on Polavaram
- Court revokes stay on sand mining in Maharashtra
- Supreme Court refuses to go easy on poacher
- Apex court dismisses poacher Sansar Chand’s appeal
- Policy to curb illegal mining soon, Gujarat tells court
- Apex court extends shield for Sterlite’s Tamil Nadu plant (Second Lead)
- Supreme Court extends stay on Sterlite plant shutdown
- Jet Airways criticised for ‘encouraging’ animal abuse
- Specify clearances needed for Mayawati’s Noida project: Court
- Court notice for failure to replace cut trees in Kutch
- Court orders closure of Sterlite’s copper smelter plant