DHAKA - Bangladesh is mulling stringent laws to discourage any rebellion among the para-military forces, media reports said Friday on the anniversary of the February 2009 rebellion by the border guard troopers.
AHMEDABAD - Stringent security was in place Tuesday, with a special fast track court here set to deliver its verdict on the fire in a train in Godhra town in which 59 people were burnt to death, triggering the 2002 communal violence in Gujarat.
NEW DELHI - In a bid to stop the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) from closing the Bofors scam case, a Delhi court was Saturday told that the agency may have inflated the amount spent on the probe of the kickbacks in the Rs.15-billion gun deal of 1986.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Monday issued notice to the CBI on a petition of Commander (Retd) Jarnail Singh Kalra and Lieutenant Commander (Retd) Salam Singh Rathore, who sought access to the confidential documents on which the agency has relied for their prosecution in Navy war room leak case.
BERLIN - A feud that has opposed WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and a former German assistant at the anti-secrecy website, Daniel Domscheit-Berg, escalated Thursday with a threat to sue and an allegation that the German committed sabotage.
- Pension of major’s widow raised from Rs.80 to Rs.18,000
- WikiLeaks founder’s extradition trial begins in Britain
- PM concerned over women’s security
- Iran summons freed US woman for trial
- Agreement to stop recruiting children into Afghan police
- Pentagon rejects allegations of mistreating WikiLeaks suspect
- Sukna scam: Court martialled Rath loses rank
- WikiLeaks leaker mistreated in custody: Lawyer
- Proposed Goa police law has many defects, says Church
- Rath fifth Lt. Gen. to face indiscipline charges
- Swiss whistleblower banker on trial
- Maharashtra governor pushes information commissioner’s removal
- WikiLeaks pays US soldier $15,100 legal fee for leaks
- Court upholds CBI plea in Bofors case
- Main observations of tax tribunal on Bofors case
- Apple slapped with privacy lawsuit
- Iran hangs alleged spy, opposition collaborator
- Suspected Swiss nuclear smugglers could faces charges
- Obama signs law allowing gays in military
- WikiLeaks: Bangladeshi security force accused of rights abuse
- Frisking irks Chandigarh lawyers
- Assange lawyer hopeful ahead of appeal proceedings
- US Air Force internal computers block WikiLeaks websites
- Julian Assange freed on bail in Britain
- WikiLeaks defiant as Assange held in British custody (Roundup)
- Gates urges Senate to end military ban on gays
- WikiLeaks: a whistleblower that governments fear
- Sri Lankan court orders better prison conditions for ex-army chief
- Abandoned Gurkha veterans get first home in Nepal
- US Supreme Court keeps military gay ban in place
- Apex court raps four states for ignoring police reforms
- Supreme Court raps four states for ignoring police reforms
- Railway Protection Force to get women’s battalion
- Denmark to probe role in handover of prisoners to Iraq
- ‘US handed over detainees to Iraqi torture squad’