ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Supreme Court has given one-month's time to the Federal Board of Revenue for furnishing a final report in the NATO containers corruption case, which caused a whopping 37-billion-rupee loss to the national exchequer.
BEIJING - The US ambassador and European Union delegation to China Monday condemned China's failure to ensure the safety of foreign journalists, a day after a reporter was beaten and scores more harassed and detained.
NEW DELHI - After a relatively calm week for the government, hounded by allegations of scams, the Supreme Court is all set to hear this week cases relating to 2G spectrum allocation, black money stashed in foreign banks and corporate lobbyist Niira Radia's wire-tapping.
DHAKA - Bangladesh is mulling stringent laws to discourage any rebellion among the para-military forces, media reports said Friday on the anniversary of the February 2009 rebellion by the border guard troopers.
NEW DELHI - The Delhi High Court Tuesday quashed a lower court's order granting bail to an accused in September last year and pulled up the judge, since transferred, for his "poor understanding of criminal law".
- Godhra verdict travesty of justice: Prashant Bhushan (Second Lead)
- Godhra verdict: Ahmedabad court convicts 31, acquits 63 (Second Lead)
- CBI submits status report in 2G scam
- Security high ahead of Godhra train carnage verdict
- Onion, cement price hike under competition panel’s scanner
- Bofors deal: court defers order on CBI plea
- Breather for government in apex court this week
- Fresh attempt to stop CBI from closing Bofors case
- CBI moves SC against clean chit to Advani in Babri demolition case
- Court rules lesbian couple has equal right on child
- No sale of tobacco products in plastic pouches from March: Supreme Court
- People taking lessons in law for better justice in China
- Supreme Court asks Centre to file affidavit against Lalli
- Prajapati killing, Amar Singh cases to figure in apex court
- Supreme Court offers relief to two Haryana officers
- Brit villagers warned wire to protect garden sheds ‘could hurt burglars’
- Court decision Feb 23 on riot panel summons to Modi
- No party wants strong judiciary, moans Supreme Court
- No Govt. wants a strong judiciary: Supreme Court
- Gender sensitisation training in judicial academies soon
- Agra lawyers strike work over evening courts decision
- 2G scam: Raja, Balwa sent to CBI custody till Feb 14 (Second Lead)
- Catch the big fish, apex court tells CBI in 2G scam case
- Apex court suggests special court for 2G scam trial
- Supreme Court slams Amar Singh for wasting its time
- Apex court laments inaction against child marriages
- Can examine lapses in CVC’s appointment: Apex court (Second Lead, superseding earlier story)
- Can examine lapses in CVC’s appointment: Apex court
- Forced evictions for CWG violated human rights: Report
- WikiLeaks founder’s extradition trial begins in Britain
- Punjab’s passport office to keep check on ‘holiday marriages’
- Nov 3, 2007 turning point for Pakistan’s judiciary: Chief Justice
- 2G scam, black money cases in apex court this week
- High courts to get special wings for commercial disputes
- New interim visa in New Zealand