BEIJING - The US ambassador and European Union delegation to China Monday condemned China's failure to ensure the safety of foreign journalists, a day after a reporter was beaten and scores more harassed and detained.
BEIJING - People convicted of organ trafficking in China may get the death penalty under a draft law amendment being reviewed by the top legislature, a media report said Thursday.
BEIJING - China is undertaking judicial reforms to ensure that uniform standards exist across the country for sentencing criminals.
BEIJING - Residents in China's Shanghai city are enabling themselves -- through legal lectures and counselling -- to get just compensation from developers who expropriate their land and force them to move.
BEIJING - Over 2.3 billion passengers - on an average 5.75 million a day - will journey to and from their homes, making for the most congested travel time as China celebrates its most popular annual Spring Festival.
- Obama urged to press Hu on missing lawyer, jailed activists
- China to make visits to elderly parents compulsory
- Chinese woman’s claim to virtual assets dismissed
- China bans foreign words in local media
- Commercial disputes with foreign nation flood Chinese courts
- China blocks broadcast of Nobel award ceremony
- China steps up rhetoric ahead of Nobel ceremony
- China bars artist, economist from leaving before Nobel gala
- Foreigners in China can now buy only one home
- Nobel laureate denied visits; doubts who can collect award
- Lawyers petition UN over jailed Nobel dissident
- China cracks down on dissidents despite dissident getting Nobel Peace Prize
- Jailed laureate’s wife invites dissidents to Nobel ceremony
- Website gives personal details of Shanghai firms’ bosses
- China to ban smoking on public transport
- China bars Norwegian diplomat from meeting Nobel laureate’s wife
- Tiananmen activists moved by Liu’s Nobel dedication
- Jailed Chinese Nobel laureate meets with wife
- Free dissident, says Obama as Chinese daily pans Nobel
- Nobel Peace Prize serves anti-China purpose: Chinese daily
- Nobel laureate’s wife forced to leave Beijing
- Rights groups hail ‘worthy winner’ of Nobel prize
- 20 detained in Beijing for celebrating Nobel to Liu
- Half of Chinese plaintiffs win cases against government
- China releases white paper on human rights
- Chinese courts struggling to handle labour dispute cases
- Chinese woman sues cinema hall for excessive ads
- Chinese to sue Japan firm over forced labour during WWII
- Have kids outside marriage, pay hefty fines
- Man jailed wrongly, gets $129,800 compensation
- China to cut number of crimes punishable by death
- Four Chinese protesters chop off, swallow finger tips
- China restricts contents of online games for kids
- China bans artificial flavours in baby food
- Chinese parents forbidden to spy on kids’ ‘e-life’