GANDHINAGAR - The Gujarat High Court has questioned the state government on allegations that the state's bus transport corporation was harassing accident victims and their kin for payment of compensation.
GANDHINAGAR - The Gujarat High Court Wednesday questioned the state government on the rights of people from four villages who were shifted to a distant place due to the construction of Ukai dam in southern part of the state.
NEW DELHI - The Delhi High Court Wednesday asked the Delhi government to provide within 48 hours basic amenities, including potable water and toilets, in shelters meant for the homeless in Kashmere Gate area in north Delhi.
NEW DELHI - The Delhi High Court Wednesday asked the Delhi Police commissioner to initiate departmental inquiry against local police officers if any outlet was found selling tobacco products illegally close to a school or college.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Wednesday slapped an exemplary cost of Rs.10 lakh on an appellant for filing a frivolous litigation aimed at frustrating attempts to acquire his land for the Bangalore-Mysore road project.
- CPI-M targets PM for US radio-tagging Indian students
- DJP asked to pay Rs.3.5 lakh to kin of drowned kids
- Apex court pulls up government in Amar Singh phone-tap case
- Second passport adalat Feb 5
- Dhaka court rejects plea on `war criminals’ in Pakistan
- Ex-US President Carter sued for five million dollars over falsehoods in ‘Palestine’ book
- Court pulls up government in Amar Singh tapping case
- Court issues contempt notices to Kayani, Musharraf