WARSAW/OSLO - The Nobel committee Monday was cool to an offer by former Solidarity leader Lech Walesa to pick up the Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of Liu Xiaobo, since the Chinese dissident and his family will be unable to attend the December award ceremony in Oslo.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Monday asked the central government why one standard notification providing for uniform working conditions of all national tribunals was not being issued. The national tribunals are headed by former apex court judges.
NEW DELHI - The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Monday told the Supreme Court that it would complete its investigation into the second-generation (2G) spectrum allocation scandal and file a charge-sheet by March next year.
NEW DELHI - The government Monday told the Supreme Court that if its criterion of central vigilance commissioner (CVC) being an outstanding civil servant of impeccable honesty and integrity was to be followed in all postings then every judicial appointment would come under scrutiny.
MUMBAI - Reality TV show "Bigg Boss" got a further reprieve Monday after the Bombay High Court adjourned till Dec 3 hearing on its appeal against a central government order changing its telecast timings, a Colours channel spokesperson said.
- Maximum child abuse cases from Delhi, Uttar Pradesh
- 2G scam: Prime Minister not guilty: Swamy
- Myanmar grants visa to Suu Kyi’s son
- UN campaign to protect Delhi women from violence
- Integrity rule also for judicial posts, government tells court
- SC raps government, asks how CVC will function in light of criminal case
- Himachal villagers protest in Delhi against dam
- Can Thomas be an effective CVC, asks Supreme Court
- US surgeon sues women following ‘Frankenstein’ boobs claim