Saturday, January 17, 2015
AHMEDABAD - Of the 31 people convicted in the 2002 Godhra train carnage case, 11 have been sentenced to death and 20 to life imprisonment.
NEW DELHI - The Bombay High Court on Tuesday criticizing the Maharashtra Government asked it to explain its motive behind issuing a circular asking police officials not to record instructions coming from politicians within two weeks.
QUETTA - Lawyers have boycotted court proceedings across Balochistan to protest against the abductions of lawyers and judges in the province, and demanded their immediate and safe recovery.
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Supreme Court has given one-month's time to the Federal Board of Revenue for furnishing a final report in the NATO containers corruption case, which caused a whopping 37-billion-rupee loss to the national exchequer.
- Petition filed in Pak court to make America ‘party’ in Davis immunity case
- Pak court dumps petition seeking ban on Facebook for ‘displaying blasphemous material’
- Supreme Court rejects reinvestigation in Rizwanur murder case
- Court issues notice to Pak Govt on application against ’special facilities in jail’ for Davis
- Rizwanur case: Supreme Court to decide on CBI probe
- Man who came back from ‘dead’ to sue wife
- N D Tiwari moves SC against paternity suit
- Ex-RAW official, who disrobed in court, suffering from paranoia
- CPCB told to file report on level of pollution in river Yamuna
WILMINGTON (GaeaTimes.com) -- Rigrodsky & Long, P.A.
NEW YORK (GaeaTimes.com) -- Levi & Korsinsky, LLP has filed a class action lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York on behalf of current stockholders of J.Crew Group, Inc.
NEW DELHI - Even as the allocation for the social sector has been increased 17 percent by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee in the budget proposals for 2011-12, little increase has been seen in the funds for women and child development, says a prominent social activist.
BEIJING - The US ambassador and European Union delegation to China Monday condemned China's failure to ensure the safety of foreign journalists, a day after a reporter was beaten and scores more harassed and detained.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court on Monday issued notices to Union Carbide Corporation, Dow Chemicals and others on a plea filed by the Centre seeking enhancement of compensation to the victims of the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy from Rs.
NEW DELHI - After a relatively calm week for the government, hounded by allegations of scams, the Supreme Court is all set to hear this week cases relating to 2G spectrum allocation, black money stashed in foreign banks and corporate lobbyist Niira Radia's wire-tapping.
ALLAHABAD - The Allahabad High Court will resume the hearing of Nupur Talwar's plea challenging a Ghaziabad CBI court's order which made her and her husband, Rajesh Talwar, the main accused in the murder of their teenage daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
NEW DELHI - Thousands of people, including social activists, Sunday took out a march demanding stringent laws against corruption and black money stashed in foreign banks.
KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysian police Sunday arrested more than 100 members of a Hindu rights group for participating in an "illegal" rally here to protest against a controversial school textbook they say has elements derogatory to ethnic Indians.
NEW DELHI - Some hugged and kissed in relief as over 500 Indians arrived here from Libya in two specially arranged flights Sunday, after days of harassment, fear and hopelessness in the north African country where a mass revolt has erupted against Muammar Gaddafi.
NEW DELHI - The dawn of Sunday brought more than 500 Indians here from Libya with tales of suffering and killings in the strife-torn country.
NEW DELHI - Over 500 Indian nationals were brought to the capital from strife-torn Libya in two flights specially arranged by Air India, after an anti-government uprising put their lives at risk, officials said Sunday.
- Shun parties opposing anti-graft law: Activists
- No relief to Yeddyurappa over corruption complaints
- US has nearly 11 mn illegal migrants; India major source country
- Godhra train burning case sentencing March 1 (Third Lead)
- Court rejects Tiwari’s plea on fine
- Canada to allow skilled immigrants without degrees
- Bail plea of 2G accused rejected
- Godhra train carnage sentencing March 1 (Second Lead)
- Death sought for Godhra train burning convicts
- Death penalty sought for all Godhra convicts
- Dhaka mulls stringent law to tackle rebellion
- Pak court ‘refuses to declare Kasab proclaimed offender’ in Mumbai terror attacks
- Apex court to hear plea to hike Bhopal gas victims’ relief
- INLD leader gunned down in Haryana
- Girl wants parks in Shimla: Notice issued to state government
- Order on bail plea of 2G accused deferred